Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pirates, Parrots, and a whole lot of Pictures

Alright! I am now back in my room for a few days before leaving again, so hopefully I'll have time to catch up on my blogs! I just got back from Paris the other day and I'm leaving again to go to Nice/Cannes/Prague on May 1 (which has come a lot sooner than anticipated). So now, let's continue with the blogs.

I believe I ended with being on the boat on Thursday. It wasn't very exciting. We also had dinner by ourselves because our table-mates failed to show up! It was sad. There was baked alaska for dessert, so the waiters did that whole shabang. Since it was Gala night, we felt it necessary to take pictures with our waiter, Sang, and our cabin steward, Victor. They both seemed honored that we wanted pictures with them. It was cute. After dinner we went exploring and we even found some new places we hadn't been before! Somehow we got suckered into being models for one of the photographers on board, and after that we decided to go find all of the photographers and take pictures with them. Good times at sea.


Friday was spent in Dubrovnik, Croatia! We didn't dock until 1ish so we were still moving when we woke up. We bought tickets for the shuttle to the old city because we didn't want to take the 45-minute walk from port. Once we got there, we kind of just wandered around. There was a man dressed as a pirate (maybe he actually was a pirate?) who had a lot of parrots with him. We walked up to him and he started putting the parrots all over me!! I was only expecting one or two, but I somehow ended up with around 6 or 7 parrots on me. It was crazy! Melissa had her turn and then we continued along our journey through the streets of Dubrovnik.

It started raining so we went into this little cafe and had some hot chocolate. It was advertised as "Vienna Hot Chocolate" meaning it had whipped cream on it. What it didn't say was that it was possibly the most delicious hot chocolate I've ever had in my entire life. Like it was actually SO GOOD. It was incredibly thick and chocolately and delicious. Who would have thought Croatia would have the best hot chocolate in the world? Anyway, we headed back to the ship and just napped until dinner. I ate something called arancino, salad, and TURKEY AND GRAVY for dinner. It was actually delicious. Good eats in Croatia! After dinner we headed up to the gallery to look at allllll of our photos from yesterday, where we ran into Bob and Tomoko and our British couple friends!! They admired our pictures and then wished us luck on our exams because they were all leaving the boat the next day in Venice. We headed back to our room and soon after Victor came knocking with our daily schedules and a bottle of champagne for us! He said he was so happy that we took time out of our day to talk to him and we were always so polite, he wanted to do something nice in return. It was very, very nice of him (and also it was good champagne). Then we headed off to bed to get a good night's sleep before VENICE!!!




That's all for now! I have to go take this cotton ball out of my ear and study for my exam tomorrow.. I'll update again later!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment